Public Art Commission - Tender to commission the appointment of an artist to design, produce and install an artwork in the public realm.
Dunclug Partnership seeks expressions of interest from experienced and suitably qualified artists or design teams in developing a new public artwork. The total budget available for the artwork is up to £45,000 (inclusive of VAT).
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 23rd May 2014.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
c/o Rosalind Lowry
The Braid Arts Centre
1-29 Bridge Street, Ballymena
POST Code: BT43 5EJ
For more information see document here: Dunclug Partnership Re-Imaging Stage 2 finalDunclug Partnership Re-Imaging Stage 2 final (Word doc, via Community Arts Partnership)
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Monday, 30 September 2013
Ballymena Borough Council, Braid Arts Centre & Mid Antrim Museum in partnership with PLACE will host 'Space: A Social Agenda' on Friday 18 October. The symposium will explore the links between art, architecture and society.
- Arthur Acheson (Architect and Chair of the Ministerial Advisory Group)
- Cara Courage (Arts and Culture Consultant and PhD researcher at University of Brighton Doctoral College - Arts, Relocalism and the City)
- Ciaran Mackel (Architect and founder of ARD, Academic and non executive director of PLACE)
- James Hennessy (Landscape Architect and Urban Designer at The Paul Hogarth Company)
- Jo Anne Butler & Tara Kennedy (Artists and Architects, Culturstruction)
- Marianne O’Kane Boal (Art and Architecture Critic)
- Michael Corr (Creative Director of PLACE, Architect and co-founder of Pie Architects, London)
- Tom Keeley (Writer, Educator, researcher and publisher)
- Torange Khonsari (Architect and co founder of Public Works, London)
- Richard Harris (Co founder of Upstart Dublin)
Date: Friday 18 October 2013
Time: 10am - 4pm
Venue: The Braid, Bridge Street, Ballymena, BT43 5EJ
Cost: £15 (including lunch)
Booking: Online (click here) or by phone (028 2563 5900)
Note: There is a 10% online booking charge. Bookings made by phone directly to the Braid will not incur an additional fee.
For further information contact symposium organiser Marianne O’Kane Boal: [email protected] / 0035385 7687757.