Belfast Civic Trust:
- liaises with local and central government, architects, planners, voluntary and community groups and other bodies on environmental issues;
- believe Belfast's Victorian and Edwardian architecture should be preserved and enhanced by sympathetic development;
- monitor planning applications and make comments when appropriate;
- undertake research projects (previous projects include: Ligoniel, Ballyhackamore and the Northside are of Belfast city centre);
- initiate and promote amenity schemes in association with local communities;
- campaign and lobby for new development in Belfast to be sympathetic to the character of the city and to be of a high design standard to make Belfast a better place for all to live in.
To express interest in joining the Civic Trust's voluntary committee email David Flinn: [email protected]